Recent Posts

Busy Bee

I took a little "break" to work on some projects and ended up working a fair amount on my blog {with a lot of help from my wonderful husband}.  Some of you may have noticed things randomly changing...and I'm sure there will be more updates to come, but it's much closer to the look I'd like it to have. So, I am satisfied for the moment... :)

Other than that...

Remember this post about my "current work"?  Well my poor painting became "not-so-current" once work, school, and LIFE took over, but I've pulled it back out and am making the finishing touches.  I am {really} hoping I'll be able to show you the finished product in the next couple of weeks. Promise.

Additionally, I've been able to get a little crafty {thanks to Emily's inspiration over at Jones Design Company}.  Here are a some of my projects.
 I was able to re-cover this lamp shade.  It was my first experience recovering a lamp shade and, I'll have to admit, it wasn't the easiest project, but I was able to pull it off and am very happy with the finished product.

If you like Everyday Clever Facebook page, you probably saw that I made a few of these.
I ended up gluing brooch pins on the back of them, but have plans to make more as hair clips, and possibly headband embellishment.  These are super simple.  Check out the tutorial here.  The only thing I had to buy for this project were the pins for $1 something at Jo-Ann's.  I just used scraps of fabric that I had left over and they turned out great!

I also got to make one of the subway art pieces I posted about here.
This is a portion of one of my favorite quotes by Charles Spurgeon.  It's hard to get the lettering perfectly straight with this project, but I like that the letters are a little crooked and slightly imperfect--it gives it character.

and finally... 

Since Valentines day is coming up, here's some great heart garland that would be festive for the home or classroom {which is where I'll be using it}.

Construction paper, scrapbook paper, ribbon, glue, you're done.
Mine is halfway finished.  Pictures to come.
{via BHG}


Much love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails