Recent Posts

A Mantel for the Holidays

Even though I don't have a mantel in my house now, I did growing up and, even though I live in Florida were "it doesn't get cold enough for a fire" (not!), it was always fun to add warmth to the hearth with Christmas decor.  When I was in college, I even made a "fire place" that had a plywood mantel.  I got one of each of my roommates socks and hung them up as stockings.

Since I don't have a mantel now to decorate, I reserve the "mantel-type" decor for the tv armoire which has a large display space on top.  It's near the tree and it works.  So, weather you have a mantel or not, here a few ideas of ways to decorate that special place...wherever it may be.















 May your mantel be warm and bright!
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not refrain from commenting. Well written!

Visit my blog: calories walking calculator

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails