Recent Posts

Pillow Talk

Well, I finally got to make those pillows...although, they weren't out of burlap like I'd originally planned.  My thrifty side took over when I realized that I had a perfectly good {well, mostly good; it actually had one little spot on it, which is why I wasn't using it in the bathroom anymore} shower curtain in storage that I could use instead. I also had a large pillow that my pup got a hold of that I stole batting from to fill the pillows.  I didn't sew these pillows, but I did cut the fabric {for one of them}.  My sweet friend, Amy, helped me with the sewing part. {I don't think she knows what she's gotten herself into :)}

Anyway, my pillows are a solid white with a waffle pattern, so I am still trying to figure out a little bit of embellishment to add.  I found these great ideas at BHG that I am considering.  What do you think?

 Wool Applique
 Ribbon Belt Buckle
 Die Cut Felt
 Fabric Leaf
 Felt Applique
 Felt Butterflys

 Flower Embellishments {maybe I could use the flower pattern I used here}
 Grossgrain Ribbon
 Lace
 Hand Painted
Spray Paint Pattern

I am thinking of doing a banding or belted effect using a strip of burlap with some of The Graphics Fairy's vintage style letters on the burlap.

We'll see what happens. :)

1 comments:

Peyton said...

I am loving your blog! You have a wonderful sense of style. I feel reinspired to decorate.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails